Men! Where do I start. This blog is just for you men! Some of you like to groom, some don’t, some pretend not to. But truth is we ladies like a well groomed man. No wonder ‘Suits’ is a popular drama/sitcom these days. The young kids in the film industry are setting a Self Grooming trend. Not like in the 90s when no-groomed-no-showered look was in. Siddharth Malhotra, Shahid Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Ranbir all are well groomed and I’m glad that the trend is waved through, to men from all fields and professions. So the next few lines are those quick fixes and tips for a lifetime. Or as I like to call it 10 Commandments.
10. If you like beard please groom it & don’t forget that there should be good space between chest hair and beard hair. Trust me, mind that gap & you’ll see how much more attractive you will look
9. For an EASY FEEL beard, set your beard trimmer on the lowest setting and trim just the above the stubble.
8. If your beard is longer than an inch-never touch it except when you are alone. You don’t want to finger comb it or stroke it and mimic the evil Rasputin of Russia.
7. Any guy can sport a SHADOW BEARD and look natural. So go ahead and grow it for two days. Buzz it just a 1/8 of an inch from the skin and voila! Your shadow beard is ready.
6. Don’t forget to exfoliate your beard and not just your face. Uglier than head hair dandruff is beard dandruff. No matter how much she loves you, she will never kiss you.
5. Are you suffering like a FLARE FOOL & don’t know what to do with your dry scalp? Condition it with a light protein conditioner after a shampoo & if you have a beard, condition that too.
4. As a man if you must shape your grizzly bear brows, then do so! But please get them done by a professional who will do it thoughtfully. Don’t garden them but keep them natural. Over pluck and you will look like you have a secret Drag Desire.
3. Slick back hair is a timeless classic just as long as your slick back hair aren’t stiff and won’t crack off if the wind blows through it. So, use new generation molding hair products. Ask your hairdresser to suggest one that will give you great matte control for that modern feel.
2. If you’re sporting sideburns, avoid by all means frizzy hair which will look like electrocuted hay! You truly don’t want to qualify for a Halloween party! So book your hairdresser today & ask for a smart beard shape, ensure it’s not dense – instead keep it short and clean.
1. Do you have embarrassing ear tendrils that sway in the wind? Buy a nose and ear trimmer and keep your ear and nose hair from spouting.
Men are Welcome at Beyond The Fringe, Juhu
Call for details 02265029087
Follow me @Asha_Hariharan on Twitter